Monday, October 13, 2008

Podcasting

Podcasting is something that I have been "involved" with for a while now. My favorite TV blogger has a podcast that she and another blogger do about twice a month and I always enjoy listening to what they have to say about the TV world.

Podcasting is a way of publishing audio and videos for the internet.To make or listen to a podcast you must download certain programs to your computer, most being free, and from there you can listen, view, or download your podcast at leisure.Teachers using podcasting, I think, can be a great learning tool inside the classroom. You can give your students podcast to subscribe to that will be helpful to the course, and you can communicate with parents through a podcast in a quick and easy which which would allow the parents to listen and become informed at their own time. Podcast are used for just about every subject you could think of. I listen to a few podcast now about the election, and as already stated I love to listen to my TV blogger and what her thoughts about TV shows today. I think podcasting is really great. For learning, it releases you of time constraints and helps you to learn something new at your own convience. For teachers and students, it would be a great way of communication. My only real problem with using podcasting for the classroom is that not all students have access to a computer, but in this day and age hopefully it will not be long until all do and since most schools have a library of some sort hopefully teachers can work the library and give their kids access to those computers.


The podcast that I like to listen to comes from the website "givememyremote" about televison. http://cdn1.libsyn.com/duckyxdale/TVTalkPodcast29.mp3?nvb=20081013155858&nva=20081014155858&t=0a69007ab57449f846e08

This is the address to the podcast, i'm not sure if it actually works because I always just go through the GMMR website. But I love this podcast because the two people are a lot of fun and I like to talk about TV (I can't help it- I love TV!!) It may not be the most educational podcast ever, but its a lot of fun and is a podcast that I love to listen to.




This is a really great history podcast that I also watch: http://feeds.blastpodcast.com/EVTV1History/index.xml

It gives you a little piece of history each week, and would be great to use for a history class inside a classroom!

No comments: