Monday, October 13, 2008

Alabama Virtual Library

The Alabama Virtual Library (AVL) is a great tool that educators and students alike can use. The AVL allows students to have access to great resources tools ont the web.The database primarily has access to all kinds of different articles such as magazines, journals, and newspapers clippings that can be very helpful in the classroom, to help students get a better understanding of the world around them. I know at my highschool (Mobile Christian School) we were all required to get an AVL card, I am not sure if all schools require this, but if they don't ai think they should. It was especially useful for our history and science classes, and we used the web frequently. I am planning on teaching in Alabama for a while so I think the AVL will be very helpful. I have actually already begun to think about different articles that I will use in my classroom to help my students, and different projects that they will be able to do by using the AVL. I think it is a great program that can help expand the minds of both students and teachers.

No comments: